Old 01-20-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JustAGirl1971

I didn't really feel ready to kick mine out, either. But, I really was out of options. My son needs to come home & AH wasn't following our agreement (to abstain & go to AA). I knew what I had to do but did not feel ready... so I prayed. I prayed for clarity and I prayed for timing. The "right" time presented itself and though I still didn't exactly feel ready (just felt resolved), I told him. He's leaving in a couple weeks. I still waver. Some days I am confident, know I am doing the right thing. Other days I am weak. But, I know there really was no other choice.

All that, just to say, if you believe in prayer or have a higher power/God, maybe consider praying for clarity? If you find your answer, then pray for timing? And, like others have said, I would think you could wait a little longer? Who knows, he could end up at AA yet, in a moment of weakness? Or, he could start drinking again and you'd have your answer loud and clear?

I'm sorry, Katchie This totally sucks! Kicking our AH's out is definitely not on our to do list when we get married