Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
NewMe30

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support! Sorry for the late reply. I have just downloaded the sober recovery ap and it is a God send. Coming on here helps me so much, I am so happy I found this place and all you lovely people. So thank you x

Since my last post I have not had a drink or any desire to. I stopped the Campral after talking with my doctor. I don't get cravings. I just start drinking and can't stop. I can stop, I just need to stay stopped. I brought a breathalyser and ask my husband to test me day and night and it's been working wonders. Best thing I have done so far.. Also had my mother and step father come and stay for a week which was wonderful. Did so many fun things that didn't revolve around Alcohol. I met with a drug and alcohol councillor last week and told her my story. I told her about my Father dying from this disease and she cried! She apologised, saying she's never done that in 20 years.... Wow. I see her again this week.

I also went to a wedding last weekend were alcohol was flowing freely. I didn't have one drop. Even took along the breathalyser. Danced all night and had a wonderful time. I was very proud of myself

I hope everyone is going well on their journeys. Mine is going wonderfully but I know it's a long road ahead.

Xx