View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Clarity12

New to being clean

Hi everyone,

I recently decided to end my dependence on opiates. Enough was enough. I blew through all my money, couldn't function in school without a buzz on, and was growing increasingly dependent on the artificial high that always seemed to wear off too fast. I really want a more sustainable way of life. I recently kicked and went through withdrawl for about a week, which, needless to say was anything but pleasant. I'm 21 days clean and plan on staying that way for the long haul. I have been looking for any information I can find online about recovery and how to stay quit, and stumbled upon this forum. The posts I've read have made me believe this is a source of advice and support from people with much more experience living sober/clean than I have. I'm not sure what else to say, other than I want to be clean. I guess I could add that I'm having trouble filling this huge void left behind by drugs. I quit and my "friends" left with the meds. Oh well. I guess this is a lot more than just not doing drugs, huh? Anyways, greetings to all, I plan on changing my life.