Thread: Happy Beginning
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Whoa - it definitely reads like the Perfect Ultimatum. I could not/would not have been ready to issue such a declaration in early recovery & been able to stick to it. I couldn't have even clearly identified what the "fix" was, necessarily.

What really popped out at me is

Families are the source of legitimate, moral authority at the base of public law. Thus, families have powerful means at their disposal to deal directly and effectively with addiction within the ranks.
Well, suuuuure. But without any REAL authority to enforce anything except their own ultimatums. For my qualifier, it sounds as though a program like this would pit us against each other frequently & double my duties as Family Warden. Maybe because my RAH has issues with authority so I try to avoid ever being in that position. It's like throwing the first figurative punch - as soon as he feels he is being "managed" he's going to (over) react like a tool.

This is getting better for us on all sides due to recovery tools we are both learning through our respective resources.... AA, SR, etc. I wonder what kind of tools RR offers in this way? Maybe I'll have to do some reading up this weekend just out of curiosity.

Definitely learned something new today, sorry to de-rail your thread, Booo!