Old 01-16-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
oOCaptainCrazy

Red face Is my head brain still recovering or am i just constantly anxious?

Okay so about 7 years ago up until 2 years ago, i would drink 3 liters of 7.5% alcohol cider every night without fail, if i could afford more I'd get it.

I did this practically every night for about 5 years, slowly getting worse when my mum died.

Anyway over the past 3 years I've started to date this Dutch girl and i went from drinking that heavily to drinking 4 beers a day, to only drinking a few times a week.

Now I've started to only drink on the weekends, maybe 12 beers in all spread over three days.

The problem is that i remember when i was younger i used to feel so connected to the world you know? I actually felt part of it but i think that years of alcohol drinking has kinda phased it out. Every day i feel hazy in the head like I'm here but I'm just not connecting. My girlfriend says that it's normal and that it's how everybody feels but i think it has something to do with the alcohol.

Does it get better over time? I've noticed that since i started this only drinking on weekends thing i get angry a lot easier and wake up with a headache maybe once or twice a week.

How long will it take for my brain to recover and for me to start to feel normal again? It's just like I look around the room and i see objects but, for me, it feels like the numbness of being drunk but without the dizziness you know? I can see everything but it's like my mind is not absorbing it, as i said it put it down to the years of alcohol abuse but i figured it would have gone away by now since i don't drink near as much as i did back then.

Thanks for your help!