View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
YouWillBe

Yes...I feel they have changed a lot. People don't really WANT to ask because it's terribly painful for me to recount and relive all that's going on. Many times I get weepy and that alone makes people uncomfortable. And they feel bad that nothing is changing, too.

I have a very good friend who actually said that SHE misses the way it was. (Her adult child is struggling in another way...) and she said we need to get back to the carefree and happier conversations we used to have. We've been wallowing, and it's time to knock it off and enjoy life!! She said she would never not be interested, and would always be a shoulder to cry on and a prayer-without-having-to-ask, if I'd do the same for her, and if anything major happened, of course, we'd let each other know immediately. She was right. It's been nice to not sit in a pity party with her, it really has.

It's the same as a dying person, I think. When my mom was dying her visitors came less and less frequently and she could sense that she'd - as someone above said - "worn them out." Those were her exact words, too.

It's emotionally draining and, just as WE'D rather be anywhere but here, our friends feel the same, and unfortunately for us, THEY can choose to not dwell in this mess!