Old 01-15-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Cantos

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
There was a thread recently that discussed the Myers Briggs/Jungian test. My take was that a lot of people who posted found that they tested differently after they got sober. IMO that would make sense because a lot of times I found I used alcohol to blur the edges of situations that made me uncomfortable. I had always classified myself as an extrovert…sober…lo and behold an introvert was unearthed.

I think any personality test I took when I was stilled drinking would have likely had skewed results because I was not being authentic (my results would have likely been …"skewed while stewed..").
That is incredibly interesting, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that were true for me. I was definitely an E as a young child but had some real challenges as a young teen and became an I. Alcohol made me an E again. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Getting to grips with the fact that I might be an I might be a really useful thing to know on this journey, and making peace with being an I might be a real challenge. Armed with knowledge though, eh? Thanks!