View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

I think back at all the pain that I caused my family and realize that i'm pretty lucky they didn't lash out at me more than they have. What he did was certainly not nice, but just for a second sit back and think about it from his side of the fence.

Also think about the nature of the last 3 posts you have started here. Your first one about your "slip" and that you are "feeling better about it" by the next day. The second one was questioning whether you need to be in AA from AA because you were able to control your drinking and moderate to just one beer. Now today you are posting about your husbands reaction ( albeit not a kind reaction ) to your drinking.

The trend with all of these seems to me that you are attempting to rationalize your drinking the other night or somehow shift the blame to other people or events. Which is very typical of addiction and we've all done it before.

What you should be focusing on is moving forward without drinking. All of these issues ( the "slip", the AA questioning, your husband's reaction ) are BECAUSE of drinking. Not drinking is the solution.