View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Takoda

I guess I should join in with this class as my last drink was on October 25th 2013. Sat here on Jan 15th feeling very good about my progress and with life in general. There's one issue that starts to concern me. I have been separated from my wife of 11 years for nearly 18 months now. She moved away from the area but has since found out that I have quit drinking and has been in touch a couple of times. Both times she was drunk and in the last phone call she said I was her soul mate and that she still loved me. I still have feelings for her and know my drinking was the was the reason she left. During the phone call I said if she still loved me then she needed to tell me when she was sober. We met up and shared a meal together like friends do. The conversation again was like friends catching up on things but no mention of what she had said in the last phone call. I didn't push her on the issue but neither did she mention the word love.
I begin to wonder if this was just a case of her drunken talk and emotions from the past. Since she left me she's had a relationship with another guy which she says is over now.

I try not to ponder the future and let each day take care of itself. So far that's been working for me but where love and emotions are concerned it's a tough one.
Sorry for the rant I just felt like letting it out somewhere.