Thread: New and weary
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

another -- Welcome, GoingBerserk.

Quite a detailed counting tracking inventory you have there. It is a bit of a Way-Back for me. Before Mrs. made to Rehab, I was counting plates, pieces of gum, trips to the bathroom (barfing), miles/hours on the bike and exercise. On and on.

We had already been through Alcohol, and Cutting (Self Injury), and then was Anorexia / Exercise Bulimia. She has been back a little over a year from Rehab.

All the same crap, just a different dumpster.

As far as Movie Interventions . . . dunno. Someone tried that on me . . . maybe 15 years ago with "Good Will Hunting" -- they were intentionally messing with me about my own Childhood Abuse issues. Dunno what they expected the results to be. Just distressed me, with no real plan or avenue of escape.

While Mrs. Hammer used to be sort of numb to most stuff like that, since she is back from Rehab, Mrs. Hammer sort of seem hypersensitive. A few months ago, I brought a copy of "What Dreams May Come" home for me and our daughter to watch, because we had been reading about Dante's Inferno (a Midevil allegory trip through Hell) and that is sort of what the "Dreams" movie is about.

Mrs. Hammer was upset with the movie (thinking it about her) because the Mother in the movie is "crazy." (winds up in Hell because she commits suicide)

Daughter liked the movie for all the Art, but looked over at end and announced that the Father in the Movie was "Codependent -- Like YOU, Dad." (Father went to Hell to rescue Mother).

So -- You look into the Abyss, the Abyss looks into you.

-----------------

At anyrate. Yeah. Get Ye to Alanon.