Thread: Trying..
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 09:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lovesymphony

Hi Forgodsmercy...I agree things are looking up, as many alcoholics can't/won't see they have a problem. I'm also a struggling active alcoholic although I've managed to back off considerably. When I slip it can be BAD. The slips are just less frequent.But even one drink a week is more than an alcoholic should take. Eventually it will strike out of nowhere like a snake.....Anyway, after slipping, making determined promises, slipping, over and over again I've found what seems to work, for me. I must avoid caffeine which makes my cravings ten times stronger, and get on this board to start off my day. If I skip a day of this reading here, I may drink. AA is a great place to go if you just need to talk. Members there have helped me, even tho I haven't started working the steps with a sponsor yet. (I haven't totally decided if the program is right for me or not).There's so many friendly people who reached out and were willing to just let me vent about my problems or urge to drink, whatever. If you really give not drinking your best shot and never give up , I think you'll find what works for you.