Old 01-12-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Brian316

Originally Posted by jra55 View Post
3:58 pm, Sunday, with NFL playoffs being broadcast. Last weekend, and pretty much every weekend before, I would have been sneaking shots of vodka in between glasses of white wine ( "I swear honey, I'm only drinking wine").

This Sunday, I made a pot of soup, and turned off the NFL so my daughter could watch "Daniel Tiger".

Definitely better, although I will confess that I am already sick of kids TV. Oh well . . . : )
My daughter loves Daniel Tiger also and I really miss her today. However, I am getting ready for dinner, heading to an AA meeting then will prob come back, read, watch TV and listen to music before bed. A few years ago, I would probably be at least 3-4 beers in, making sure I had at least 6-8 more for the rest of the night. If not, considering a trip across state lines or possibly a bar for more. Sunday here. Then waking up Monday morning ready to face the week with a hangover complaining how my weekend was too short after I drank and slept my way thru it. I am not where I want to be but thank God I am not where I used to be!