Old 01-12-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Sudz No More

9 am Sunday morning: Just sat down after the usual Cat feeding and Dog walking. I will get up in a moment to feed the Dogs and get a cup of coffee. Yesterday I had a fleeting moment of anger and resentment at the hypocritical. I had a memory of someone who was overweight, telling me how bad my drinking was while they were eating a donut. It really peeved me at the time even though I said nothing to them then all these years later I am still mad lol. Then my mind shifted to the time when a new guy in my band went on a rant about how much we drank and in the middle of his rant he lit a joint and started smoking it. I chose again to say nothing but have another shot of whiskey while staring him in the face. He only lasted in the band another week needless to say. The very next weekend his girlfriend got so drunk at the gig that she was throwing up outside his car while he loaded it at the end of the show. I again chose to say nothing and I believe that was the last time I ever spoke to him.

Despite these negative thoughts I had yesterday I feel good about my sobriety and I am happy to start a new day sober and ready to face another day head on.