View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dancerinthedark

New to this site & 4 days into sobriety

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site.

I had my last drink on tuesday this week which makes today my 4th day drink free. For me, it wasn't so much a case of having to drink everyday (actually drinking days in a row would be quite unusual for me) it was the amount I drank when I did and the reasons why I was drinking. I have been a binge drinker for the best part of 10 years now. I went through a patch where drinking heavily was a real problem for me but over the last few years I have managed to curtail this. Motherhood has helped. When my daughter was born a couple of years ago I got through the whole pregnancy and the first year of her life without touching a drop however I have noticed over the last year that the old habit of drowning my sorrows with 1 to 2 bottles of wine was becoming more frequent (I would only drink when my daughter was staying with her dad or my parents, I've always been responsible in that respect). I'm so fed up with horrible hangovers etc that I have decided to quit altogether. I am not the kind of person who is capable of just having one glass of wine or one beer, once I start I can't stop so that is why I can not have any ever again.

I am also on day 9 of not smoking so am feeling very grrr because of that.

Anyway I thought I would just introduce myself.