Thread: 6 weeks sober!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cusper

6 weeks sober!

Very happy to say that I am 6 weeks sober. I was thinking about it today how grateful I am for even having gratitude. Sounds like a strange statement I know. But when I was in the middle of it all I was so miserable and had a tendency to be unhappy about absolutely everything. I also had a HUGE tendency to blame everyone for my misery.
I am so grateful for this site. This site has changed me. I love that there is so much information on everything surrounding addiction too. I still deal with anxiety on a daily basis however nowhere near the level I was at when I was drinking.
I have read more books in the last 6 weeks than I have in 5 years!. I have also consumed more chocolate than i have in 5 years as well but as long as I don't drink I am doing well.

2014 is going to be all about trying to be the best that I can be. So far I feel like everything has happened in stages which is more realistic than changing everything overnight. I have tried that in the past and I wasn't successful.
Now I feel like my internal dialogue is much kinder to myself than I have been in the past.

Anyhow thank you SR for existing! Getting the opportunity to read stories of other's recovery has been inspirational and life changing.