View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 12:19 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Abelle

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
Has anyone else had thoughts that perhaps this guy is struggling with his identity?

And I am not solely implying his sexual identity, from what you have shared with us Abelle, this guy does not appear to know who he is.........
I had these thoughts. Especially that in the last 8 months he twice was thinking of changing his successful career to something completely new. Well, that alone does not say there may be identity issues but in the process he would say one set of things about his current career and give all the most valid reasons and describe quite strong feelings. Then everybody gets him support in his new development, me, his family. We research, chats it through with him from different perspectives etc. And then he changes back his mind and feels completely different about everything again. That would be a huge mental work to do it properly, I can't imagine it happening in such short periods of time, no matter RA or not.

When we met, he spoke in definite terms, expressing positive certainty in all aspects of his life. He said he knew what he wanted from life. This changed. Now he says, not without heartbreaking emotion, that he doesn't. It seems he suffers all this yo-yo too. I feel his recovery was going ok before he took on a relationship.