Old 01-08-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

I absolutely have nowhere else to go. Family won't take me in. No shelter has a bed. I don't drive. And I'm desperately looking for work. When I do find work do I worry about what's going on at home (I have three cats that I've gotten very attached to now and I'm not willing to give them up just yet.
I know its scary to move away and live on your own....but necessary. We often remain stuck in abusive relationships because its what we know. The fear of the unknown can grip us so tightly that we find tons of excuses why we can not/should not break free.

You can do this! There are people out there to help you....its their job....its what they do...they will keep you safe. Search the net for women's organizations in your area that deal with this type of thing...they are there. If you cannot call from your home, go out and make the call or email them and tell them you need help....tell them its urgent and your life depends on it.

Trust me, they will work with you to formulate a plan to get you out of the home safely....they will help you to get gov. benefits...housing, medical and food stamps...most will help with vocational training and job assistance. You DO NOT have to wait to get a job and save up.

No more excuses...do it today....do it for YOU!