View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Blackhawkfan

Ethos - good luck with finding a substitute. For what it is worth - thought i'd share my experience as well as a quick thought.

I'm in the US and in the midst of an outpatient program that meets Mon-Thur from 5-9 or 6-9 depending on the night. The program consists of 24 sessions. There is also a daytime program and an inpatient program. I chose the nightly program given my original assessment and personal situation with work and family. I essentially run my own business with a partner and found the night program to be the best fit initially. Family demands also contributed to the decision as well as the initial assessment from the organization that said outpatient seemed to make most sense. I've known a lot of people that successfully did outpatient first rather than starting with inpatient. Every situation is different.

Consistent with earlier comments I think they were misleading and how they went about your situation was completely wrong.

Finally - one must remember that at the end of the day these rehab centers are a business and they rely on filling spots (regardless if for profit or not-for-profit). I say this as I've witnessed from my own experience and others in my group how the organization tries to push the more costly inpatient program whenever possible. I'm not saying it is a bad thing but ultimately these are businesses and right or wrong....there sometimes are underlying motives.

I hope you find a good program and support system. I personally have benefitted a great deal from the outpatient program and highly recommend.