Old 01-08-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
needingabreak

EH I volunteered for a domestic abuse center in my town. You are right, many times shelters are full. Have you spoken to someone in your town about your current situation and how desperately you need to leave? They need to know your situation and that he is an addict and you fear for your life. They could also check surrounding cities/towns to see if there are any openings there. besides the shelters, they have other tools like small groups and classes. We held a class called patterns and it teaches abused women about their choices in men and why they tend to choose abusers. They also teach you how to change that pattern as is is something you learned a very long time ago. EH, you need to get out of this situation as quickly as possible. If the women's shelters cannot help you I would even consider going to the police.
I hope you are able to find a kind hearted soul to take you to the counseling appointment. This would be a very important first step in getting away from this terrible and life threatening situation. Please let us know how you are doing.