View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Bilr44

Originally Posted by trudgingagain View Post
Congrats, Driver! Good to "see" you WD DD...can so relate to the cancelling of appts...down here it is Pura Vida! Took a lot to get used to....everything is either manana or Lunes...ugh! Yes, Billr....it is the tropics here....2 seasons = rain/no rain. We are in summertime now...no rain. However, the temps are pretty constant, at about 80-85 year round...March/April usually get hotter. Went to find a new beach yesterday. Never found what we were looking for, so just went to the beach in the front of our house. Then out to dinner. Only the 2nd time I have been out to dinner since getting sober. Tough to order an iced tea....and then, all they had was apple flavored....Not bad, but not what I wanted. And...again, seems like EVERYONE is drinking....great BIG drinks...everyplace has a happy hour that lasts all day long! So glad to be sober today! Slept in and feel great! Going to try that Spanish site today
It must be a cultural thing as everything can wait until maņana. I've gotten used to it and just go with the flow.

I stay away from touristy Miami (South Beach) as much as possible. Other than the beach, there is no reason to go there. Prices are higher, parking is terrible, and there are too many snow birds there. I like the quieter life living in the burbs.