View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ethos23

Bad Rehab Experience

So, yesterday was supposed to be my first day in outpatient rehab, and it was. Went to the facility, when told to. Waited for a while. The clinical director came down asked 5 maybe 6 questions about my drinking past. She was really pushy about me having a residential stay. I told her that there was no way that was possible, since I run my own business. In her defense, I know she was partly doing her job, but on the flip side, I signed up and fully paid for outpatient (four days prior). At any rate I went to my morning group which was ok, then it was lunch. Was approached by the Program Director to tell me that I should do inpatient.

By way of background, I had gone on a decent bender for a few days and decided I needed rehab. Especially being the new year and all, I decided I would try something new. It was a good bender, but I detoxed at home just fine, nothing crazy.

So, I told the Program Director the same - that I can't be away from my business for that long (28 days) and that even outpatient was going to be a strain - it runs from 9 to 3 four days a week. He tells me that he and one of the therapists will meet with me at the end of the day to discuss.

Long story short, I sit down with he and one of the therapists at the end of the day and they basically tell me that they do not do outpatient unless you have first done inpatient. Well sh%t!! That would have been good to know about 4 days prior!! They told me that some other rehab centers in town will allow you that option and even begin after work hours.

I was very excited to go to outpatient and would have appreciated the decency of an upfront "we don't offer outpatient unless you first do inpatient." Oh well, I'll figure something out.