Thread: stressed today.
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
readerbaby71

stressed today.

It was -8 degrees last night and I have a frozen water pipe. Luckily it has not burst and I think as long as I keep the water flowing it will melt okay and not expand and break the pipe. I don't even want to think about the water bill. I have several heaters going on the external wall and I checked the basement, and nothing is leaking.

This is one of those times I really wish my BF was here. He's very handy and would put my mind at ease that everything's gonna be okay. I know it is, but I really, really miss him today. Not just because of the water. The first week he was gone my emotions were all over the place, but I've been doing well the past week or so. He has two more weeks in rehab and when I talked with him last week he sounded great.

To top it off my dad is flying home from Florida and driving me nuts. I am picking him up at the airport and he INSISTS on stopping at his building in the city to check his mail and write checks before I take him home, even though I told him "no, I have to take you directly home." He is adamant that we stop when he could easily come in tomorrow. I am just so annoyed. Ever heard of boundaries, Dad? He's so obsessive about these kinds of things and there's no point in arguing over it. It's very cold and I don't feel like sitting there watching him open his unimportant mail and listening to him pontificate about life.....lecture me about my life......

Don't get me wrong, I love my dad so much and we are close. He's a very positive, stable person and I am soooo grateful to have him in my life. He's just driving me frickin nuts today. I need to check myself and breathe, keep my mouth shut, and not be short with him. He is who he is and he's not going to change at 71. It just makes me mad when he refuses to take no for an answer.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.