View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

TigerLili, I can relate. I've had numerous day ones, but the difference for me this time is that this time I mean it. In the past, I always looked at it like "a break." Now I recognize that I need a break for life.

I, too, am addressing resentments and negativity and working on gratitude. I really have a lot to be grateful for and like you, my life isn't horrible. Today is my day 11, and my first day back to work after a two week holiday. I feared I would return to work and that same cloud of frustration, disappointment, and resentment would take over and I would want to come home and immediately drink wine (I managed to practice moderation on work nights, but scary binging when not required to get up in the morning). Happily, I stayed positive and enjoyed my job even though it has evolved into something far from my original vision of what I wanted to do when I went to grad school. But that's a long story.

You may find this website interesting: Your Daily Challenge | Mental Health & Happiness I signed up, and each day they email me a daily challenge. I took their advice and started keeping a journal based on these challenges. They are all based on William Glasser's Choice Theory, and they are all about choosing happiness and mental health. The challenges vary. Today's was about the tendency to complain and see the negative in things, and how we are actually wired to do so - to be on alert for dangers - but that we can choose to see the positive. It was a perfect challenge for my first day back to work. It's worth checking out. Happy adventures!