View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Babs78756

Good Afternoon December-ers. How is everyone doing? I'm back at work today after 2 weeks of holiday time off. It's actually nice. I do love my job and the people I work with (other than the daily 3:00/4:00 happy hour at my office.)

So, I'm checking in on day 31, besting my last sober stint by 1 day...and tomorrow it will be 2 days and the day after will be 3 days. Officially making it the longest sober stint in a decade. Made it though the holidays, new Year, the daily stare down with a bottle of champagne at my mom's house for 5 days and the airport on both ends of a trip. Phew! Feel good. I'm still having the phantom pangs of 'oooohhh... i'd love a mimosa or 12," and then I realize not an option for me and I quickly refocus.

I'm traveling to DC this weekend to visit my best friend who is aware of my struggles but not aware that I've been abstinent for over a month. I know she'd support me and will make me comfortable no matter what. I'm sort of looking forward to not drinking around her. We are celebrating her daughter's 2nd birthday and of course there's the 'adult' entertainment which includes a fully stocked bar because what 2 year old birthday doesn't have cocktails at noon? It might be a challenge but I just have to remember, its not an option for me and I'll be fine after the first hour or so....