View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Odelle

As we all know, quitting drinking is very hard, not just the physical withdrawals but the mental obsession. I really feel for those of you who have a significant other that they live with who drinks, even being around a "normal" drinking in my home would be difficult for me. So, yes, I think that AA would be helpful. Having face-to-face support and someone to call could be beneficial, especially in the early days.

Please don't despair if you have slipped, get back up and keep trying. None of us became alcoholics overnight, so it will take time to relearn how to live without the crutch that we have programmed our bodies and minds to automatically turn to in certain situations.

I did all of my grocery shopping early this morning so that I won't have a reason to stop at the store after work this week. Stopping and buying a bottle of wine after work has become a habit that I need to break. Well, it's late afternoon here and I have no need to leave the house so I have made it through the weekend. Thank you everyone!