Old 01-05-2014, 01:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Tang

As a professional introvert working a job that requires lots if social interaction, there are some fantastic books on this subject. There has been a lot of psych studies on personality types and introversion. I read a great book recently, Networking for People Who Hate Networking. Written by an executive coach who happens to be both a public speaker and an introvert. There are other great ones out there like 'introvert advantage.'. Ironically only an introvert would research why their personality is introverted . The good news is it can be overcome and even some of the most successful leaders in the world are horrible introverts. The problem is defined by the fact that in the states this personality type is antithetical to what is considered "culturally healthy.". Studies show millions of people have this personality trait, so we are not alone. Know that to be a successful social introvert requires downtime to recharge our batteries, unlike an extrovert who gets energy from being around people. And yes, I started drinking to deal with my perceived problem of something is wrong with me because I'm introverted. What a horrible mistake that was thinking.