View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
zjw

Thats the tricky thing. putting the club down and not beating yourself up about your failures etc.. Its just not worth it. Lifes too short. we all got mistakes and screw ups no biggie.

My wife let on after the fact that she was strongly considering leaving etc.. I was like holy smokes are you kidding me!>! you know honestly her leaving me would not have motivated me to quit. NOTHING was getting in between me and my beer. Even now that voice in my head will say F her i can drink if i wanna i dont care if she leaves i'll just get a case of beer. Real nice huh? but the nature of this disease thats just how it is.

Thats why no one can rescue us from ourselves but ourselves with this addiction. You always hear others who dont understand thinking they can do this or do that and get the addict to stop then they are baffled that nothing they can say or do will get through to us. Its just how it is.

The desire to quit has to come from us we have to do the work etc.. no one else can really do much about it really aside from be supportive. In my case if i was pushed it just made me wanna drink all the more.

Benzo's are sorta just standard protocol to help with he withdrawels. You might be able to win the anxiety battle I did many people do. But the seizures and stuff those are kinda out of your control. If you detox at home and something starts to go south like that you'll be making a trip to the ER etc..

I've never done detox at a facility or something but its essentially a safe place to be in case things go to hell they got people there equiped to help ya etc.. The nasty stuff from with drawels is no longer a thread after a handful of days. Others might be able to chime in on the specific number on that.

I'm off to bed now you can PM me if you like I'll check back in tommorrow etc..