Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NewMe30

My story

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong spot.

Hi all. I'm new. I have been reading this page for a few months and decided to join and write my story.
I'm a 30 year old mother of two and I have a wonderful, wonderful husband.
I know, if not, I'm certain I have an alcohol problem. That little voice inside my head is telling me I am not an alcoholic. That voice is wrong.
Last night was my rock bottom. I had alcohol hidden around the side of the lovely house my husband worked hard for. And after a great night, something stupid in my head told me to go and find it. My husband caught me in the sneaky act, he threw it at me and he cut his wedding ring in half with pliers.
I don't blame him.
I took 4 prozacs and 3 camprals last night wishing to just go.
As I said, I have this stupid disease and it's awful. It turns me from a funny, generous and loving woman to the opposite. I'm losing my whole life. Mentally, physically, emotionally and more.
My first drink was at 12 years old. We had champagne. Mixed with orange juice with lunch. It was nothing. But it seems I got the taste... So I walked around the table and finished everyone's glasses off. I then rolled down the hill in the backyard, vomited dinner up and missed beach cricket. That's when it started.
I have made so many stupid mistakes on alcohol. The biggest was letting down my family. Worrying my Mother.
I have a wonderful doctor but in a few days on my next appointment, I have to tell her I relapsed.
My father died alone next to a wall in an alley way from alcoholism years ago. I miss him so much, but I lost him a long time ago. He was funny and loving and smart. Reminds me of me.... I don't want to do this to my children, my husband, my family or friends. I need to kick this disease. Thanks for listening .