View Single Post
Old 02-05-2005, 09:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CLP1958

Hi Kris: I'm new to this and I just went through this with my hubby. He called in sick to work and then took off. I found out about this because I called him at the beginning of his shift cuz I was worried about him. Hang in there. This is what I do: it may or may not help. I've been through this several other times and I've fallen apart, and that's not good for YOU. I asked God to keep him in His hands, reminded myself that it's not my fault that he did this and as much as I'd like to try and control the situation, I can't. I know you're scared and your mind is racing. You can't save him, he has to save himself and don't under estimate his 6 months of sobriety. He has seen how it feels to live a sober life and he's slipped. We'll just pray that he's OK and he has a moment of clarity and comes home. My H tells me he's so ashamed and afraid to come home to me to find out what I'll say and that plays a big part in their heads. Try and relax (NOT EASY< HUH???) and get busy doing something, call a friend if you can. HANG IN THERE. There are countless partners who have suffered through this. Does he have a sponsor? My H didn't until about a month ago and I called him and that really helped. He came home finally and we're meeting with his S today to talk. We're all behind you. PLEASE believe that.