View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gal220

One day doesn't erase everything you've learned in your 7 1/2 of sobriety. You can pick yourself up and dust yourself off, learn from this, and move on. I have been very close to relapsing a couple of times in my 6 years of sobriety. If I had an open bottle in my hand at those times when I was struggling, I might have done it. By the grace of God, it wasn't available in my weak moments. But that's no virtue of mine. We relapse mentally long before we take that drink/drug.

When I got to that relapse tipping point, I had to really examine what I was doing and get back to basics. Upping meetings, calling my sponsor, getting back to work on my steps, working with other alcoholics, searching myself for fear, self-pity, and resentment, and above all being honest. I noticed you posted in another thread about your husband worrying about your sobriety. The hardest thing for me was being honest with my husband when I was in trouble. Keeping secrets from him ate away at me and made my despair even worse. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, so I'd suggest honesty.

And remember, we're here for you.