View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JackNWA

Wife questioned me the other day......

Hi all. I'm struggling with something I thought I would run past you all. I've been sober for 17 years. I've attended and been active in AA for the first 4 of those, and then again for the last 5 years. The "middle years" I only attended sporadically. However I have remainded sober, and mostly sane, for 17 years. My wife and I have been married for almost 20 years now, and we rarely talk about my alcoholism anymore. She knows when I attend a meeting, and usally says something about "hope it was a good meeting" aftwards. This has been common for 5 years or so.

On Tuesday, she sent me an email while I was at work. All it said was to the effect of "you would tell me the truth if you had slipped, right?"......

To me at least, this was out of the blue. She is adamant she didn't ask me if I had slipped, but only if I would tell her the truth if I did.

I'm really struggling with this. To a certain extent I feel like she suspects that I have slipped, and my ego is hurt. Even if she doesn't think I slipped, I feel like she dosn't trust me, even after 17 years, and it hurts. Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
JackNWA