View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
progress

Just wanted to check in

Hello all--

I haven't posted for a while, but wanted to say hello and let you know how I'm doing. I talked with my former therapist from many years ago; she referred me to a couple of people in my area. Although I'd mentioned that I spent 6-1/2 years in AA, I really progressed after I sought professional, one-on-one help. My first appointment is next Tuesday.

Although I do better some days than others, I definitely believe I'm going in the right direction. I also am just HAPPIER when I think straight, am present for myself and my family, and when I wake up remembering everything that happened the day before (wow, what a concept, lol!).

Another reason that I haven't been on the computer that much is that I realized I resumed drinking when I just had too @#$% much time on my hands. Therefore, I am volunteering at my kids' school, meeting up with people at the park, and just making sure I have more contact with people rather than isolating myself.

It has been three steps forward, one step back (last night, for example), but I am working on it.

Thanks for being there! (((HUGS TO EVERYONE)))