Thread: Rock Bottom....
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
StandingStrong

It is going to be really hard, I'm not all that financially stable by myself and I'm a little ashamed to let people know eventually that my engagement is off at least for the time being and possibly permanantly.
Let me first of all, that you have absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed or embarrassed about here! Absolutely NOTHING!!!!! You have done all you can do right now to work this relationship out. Believe me, all of us here at SR know that it is not easy always being the giver in a relationship - alcoholics are the takers.
You may be surprised to find out that your friends and family are relieved and happy that the engagement is postponed or cancelled altogether. Often times, people wont' really tell us how they feel about our SO's because they know that we love them and that we wouldn't listen even if they did tell us negative things.
I'm sorry that things are going so badly for you right now. I just hope that you get some much needed rest and that you try to stop stressing. Remember - one day at a time and keep it simple.