View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
ronjohn

So… This is my first post on the board.

Today is the first day of January 2104. I am thirty eight years old and have spent the better part of my life overweight. Over the last ten years I have combined my weight issues with drinking too much. I suspect I have done both of these due to some level of depression. Over the last year my drinking and eating has seemed to spiral out of control. This has started to affect my marriage to my wife and relation with my kids. My relationship with my wife is almost shot.

After multiple months of contemplation I have decided I wanted to make a change today. I am tired of being fat… I am tired of drinking to drown away my depression. I am tired of being an alcoholic, a word I have only accepted for myself recently. I really want more than anything to be healthy and be a better father and better husband. I cry as I type these words as I know my family deserves more than what I have given them.

I want to change for them, but I also what to change for me. I want to live, I want to be sober and I want to be healthy. I want to be somebody that my family can be proud of.

Well, that is my story and I am here to stop drinking. I have no plans to go to treatment. In the past I have done it cold turkey and plan to do the same. Short of some sleeping issues I have never had any issues in the past.