View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sherbear5104

Hi sicosecrets,

Welcome to soberrecovery. This is a wonderful community with a lot of support. I have been in recovery for a little over 9 months. This is the way I have been looking at it. I have more of a problem with drugs than alcohol. However, I have gotten carried away with my drinking when my drugs weren't available. I attend AA meetings. When the word alcohol is said, I just replace it in my own mind with drugs. I have been through the same kind of situations (emotionally and spiritually) as the people I meet in the meetings. I am fortunate that the outpatient I am in deals with drugs, however, I have been to those that deal more with alcohol. It is the same disease. We have an addiction to drugs. AA members have an addiction to alcohol. Basically, a drug is a drug. One is wet, one is dry. They both will get you high. You can recover in AA. Just keep an open mind. Please read some of the other posts and see where you can identify. Don't compare, because we all go through our own situations. One last thing, when you say you haven't been in any legal trouble, that is what we call a yet. The first time I came in I did the same thing. I said "I'm not that bad" "I haven't done that". Well, I went back out, used some more, and did those things I had heard about.

I hope you find what you are looking for. This is a great place to come for additional support. Keep coming back!

Sherry