View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
readerbaby71

I just talked with him again for about 15 minutes. His spirits are a bit better today and he seems firm in his resolve to keep working on his recovery. There are a lot of things that he needs to let go of, stop looking at the past and start living for today. He said the "one day at a time" thing is helping him a lot right now. No need for big plans and aspirations. Staying sober and getting mentally healthy is it, and that is enough. He can deal with the big stuff when he's stronger.

I'm glad we got to chat. I miss him and am happy for him. He's in an enormous amount of emotional pain and it's a huge deal that he's taking this very seriously. He said it's intense but with journaling and meditation he's already made some progress. They watched a movie the other night that made him cry and he was like "f-it, I don't care if I am crying in front of a bunch of people, I am gonna let it all out." I wish I could remember the name of it. I think people have mentioned it on movie threads on the board.

As always, thanks for listening and thanks for your support! I appreciate it so much. xoxo