Thread: Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Originally Posted by Needingadvice1 View Post
The last few days have been a nightmare. My husband begged me for a week straight to come home because he had enough of the life he was living (meth iv hard user). I refused. He continued to beg & beg & make promise after promise. He said he wanted rehab & said he was 100% serious & to please help him. Eventually (& soooooo stupidly) I relented & he came back with a strict set of conditions. Once here the nightmare begun & i knew it was all a lie. He was angry, violent & completely out of control. He accused me of having a new boyfriend (which I don't and don't have time for!). I even went outside once to get something out our vehicle & he said I was meeting my new lover. Meanwhile I have no idea what he does! He slept, ate, slept, ate & argued. I said nothing, did nothing but he still picked on me. He wasnt interested in talking about anything normal. He spent the last 2 days on his cell phone making secret calls & messages. I didn't even ask who he was messaging. I guess I've detached & besides of course it was drug related. About an hour ago he went outside & just disappeared. He has no clothes, no wallet but I'm locking the doors & hoping he doesn't come back! I'm so exhausted. He will come back though, at least for his things. Maybe tomorrow maybe in a weeks time.
He is NOT the same man I fell in love with. He is a monster & clearly not ready to get off drugs.
So I'm done now. If/when he begs for my help again I will turn off my phone & not feel guilty like every other time in the past. I feel sad for him & the life we had but I realise now that is well & truly gone. It's like he's died & I can't even recognise him anywhere inside.
I feel so stupid for believing him. This past few days was definitely my fault for not trusting my gut. Why do I keep giving him so many chances?! Enough now. I'm reading 'codependency no more' & always on here. Im getting stronger
He needed an emotional rescue and you relented and gave it to him.Try not to beat yourself up. We learn by our mistakes and or mistakes are what helps us to get stronger for the next time.

Personally I would not let him back in. I would pack his belongings and put them outside with a note that his behavior is a deal breaker.

You can't save him, but you can rescue yourself.

You have the right to live in a drug free, chaos free environment.
Exercise your right and take back your sanity.

Hugs,
Passion