Old 12-31-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jakec

New Years Eve SUCCESS! - 45 Days Clean & Serene.

I just had the greatest New Years Eve of my entire life! haha.

First I went to my outpatient clinic where they had a staff/client party from 6 to 8 and I saw my counselor(wonderful women) and my really good friend.. We ate pizza and played apples to apples(love that game!)

Then a little after 8 I went to the NA clubhouse party and at first I kind of just sat there by myself and got REALLY depressed and was just feeling sorry for my self, but then my friend heather's son came up to me(he's around my age and is in recovery too) and invited me to have a cigarette with him and talk. So we talked and he made me feel so better. He told me of some of the stuff he's been through and our stories our so similar and it felt like I've known him forever.. I told him I was going to rehab and we gave me his number and told me to call him anytime - yayy jake made a new friend. I'm really glad he was there because every time I would start to look depressed again he'd look at me and say "Jake. You better smile right now or i'll slap you." ahah.

So after this kid pulled me out of my funk I had a really great time. I talked with all my close friends in recovery, I played cards, smoked cigarettes, laughed a lot, hugged a lot - it was just a good time.. And check this out - I was 100% clean and sober and having more fun than I ever had on new years! I actually felt happy, joyous, and free! and still do!

And when the clock striked midnight, we all screamed "happy new year!" and we all drank a glass of sparkling grape juice! haha.

So now I'm at my dad's house, and he's actually trusting me to sleep over! Although I don't think i'll be sleeping anytime soon considering I drank a Monster energy drink like an hour ago.. haha oh well.

Well, Happy 2014 everyone! I love you all and thank you all for supporting me throughout my journey so far! I hope you all make this year a good and sober one!

-Jake C.