Old 12-31-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
justinJustQuit

I am also on day 10 Chipster. The mentality that I have at this very moment is I agree with twinings.

In general, (and especially in sobriety) is there EVER a reason to "wait" till January? When you do, in my opinion, it's "fu*k it, I've already failed, so lets go all out and give up on it." Also in my opinion it takes one brave person to quit when we did. (not to discredit anyone of course as detox sucks no matter what month it is)

The holidays give everyone a reason to get trashed and make total asses out of themselves with nothing to show for it the next day. They don't have the addiction... We do. We know if we sit at a bar all night watching people get tanked, it increases the chances we will as well.

I know sky nailed it that I will not be regretting a hangover. Yes, I will stay up until 12:00 to ring in the new year, but I'll also wake up and go to the gym and get my new "high" without being dehydrated/still drunk. Oh, and I'll have the memory of my 4 month old ringing in the new year. (even if he's asleep!)