Thread: Step 9
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Db1105

Originally Posted by zelda1 View Post
Hi all, I need some advice. I'm 7 months sober and have been a member of AA for about 8 months. I have had 3 sponsors so far. The one I currently have is awesome, but she tends to disappear from time to time. I think she gets busy. Anyway, with my last sponsor I was able to get to step 9, but I was never able to make any amends because I had a lot going on in my life. Then I ended up getting a new sponsor (my current one). The last time I talked to her, which was about 3 weeks ago, she suggested that I focus on step 3. I work on step 3 every day. I feel comfortable with step 3 and I've also already done steps 4-8. Now, my dilemma is, I feel like I need to make an amends to my husband sooner rather than later. I feel like what I did has put a strain on our marriage. I was hoping that maybe an amends would help clear some things up. Am I jumping the gun? I want to do each step thoroughly and honestly, but at the rate I'm going it may be a long time before I get to make an amends to him. Any suggestions?
I was taught that once I completed the 8Th Step, I was to immediately start on my Ninth Step. I would find a sponsor who had the time to help me.