View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
I am going to get up early and head down to the cat shelter I have. I have 6 ferals that I took in a year ago. Stretch, Midnight, Paul, Belle, Bonnie and Skoochbutt. (I only got to name one…can you guess which one?). They are all fixed and have all their shots.

They all came from under a dumpster in a city not far from here. I only took adults because if they went to a shelter they would have been put to sleep. In one short year they are all glossy, well fed, sassy and purring! Pretty hard to believe that in one short year these petrified, sick and sad creatures have found a second life. I have learned a lot from them, most notably, the ones who gave up their old habits and started trusting a different way of life started to enjoy their new lives first.

It's bitterly cold here, but they have a dry, very warm little garden house that I lock them into every night. I can't believe it…..but I might have to put a few of them on a New Year's Diet!
I knew that you had to be a cat lover Jaynie! If my rescue wasn't so territorial I would be overrun by them.