View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
wait? She is asking for funding for her wedding on FB???? are you kidding me? she is asking PEOPLE SHE INVITED to help fund her wedding?

tres TACKY! sounds like a CIRCUS.
Miss Manners, Ann Landers and her sister Abby, Emily Post are frowning down on this.

you sent a gift to her, you do NOT have to send her $$ to pay for your meal. If you cannot AFFORD to host a big event, you simply have a smaller one that you can.
Through the process of the wedding planning there was asking for money is a way that was subtle. Like..... She emailed me in Facebook saying "I found an isle runner for X amount." I said, "That is great!" She then replied, "I guess I will find a way to fund this"..... not verbatim. That is when I had to put my boundaries up and say that I was not in any position to help with this sort of thing.

The amount of control over the wedding quests has been intense. I have never seen anything like this before. She needs a head count because of the meal cost and we have to tell her if we are going to eat, and we have to respond to all these posts. I am now in a position that If I do not eat it is breaking the "rules" that she has placed on everyone due to cost and what not. It has been post after post. I blocked her news feed due to the pressure and not wanting to see all of it. She is 23. Not an excuse but operates in a manner that I do not. Over sharing on Facebook.

My husband has said that we responded by saying we would be there so we have to partake due to all the cost and what not. My stance on the situation and not wanting to cause any turmoil with my sister is that If I do not eat and stay, I will send her the money for the meal. I do not want to tell her all this stuff that is internally taking place within me a day before her wedding. I am trying to keep things neutral and pleasant between us. Also, I do not want my bio-mother to catch wind of this because I fear she will cause some kind of . drama. It's a circus yes. Big giant crazy circus.