View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JustAGirl1971

Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
I can understand how difficult this must be. I was thinking of bringing up the subject with my mother about the fact that I am considering leaving my AH, but after watching her fawn all over him an tell everyone at the table how wonderful he is during Christmas dinner, I don't see that happening at all. These two could not stand one another a year ago, and now they are buddies. Of course, I have suspected her of NPD for several years, and everything that happens in her life (and those around her) must be at her convenience. So, no family support here either. My back-up plans will involve my friends instead.
I'm sorry you're in the same boat I was blindsided. I really should'nt have been. All of my sisters are currently or previously have been married to men with histories of drug & alcohol abuse and addictions. My situation hits too close to home and they're not ready to be honest about their own situations. I know my parents would still take us in if it came to that, but when I leave/make him leave, I will need support, not guilt trips & condemnation. Those will just make me more likely to cave & go back. Last night I was very upset. This morning, I see things more clearly and am not so upset about it. I'm trying out a different al-anon group tonight. I'm sure that will make me feel even better

Good luck with your plans. I hope 2014 is a much better year for all of us!