View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Keek75

No doubt my sleep is already improving (5 days today) but I have had longer periods of sobriety and you forget how crappy alcohol makes you feel/sleep/look until you're out from under its thumb. Keep it up, it will just keep getting better.
The vicious cycle for me was, every morning waking up and swearing off the booze "that's it I'm done" or "today's the day" and every once in awhile I'd get a day or two under my belt white knuckling it, and then the beast would creep in (usually around 5 o'clock) It told me that I deserved a drink after all the BS I had to deal with at work. It would play games too like, "why quit on a Wed, make it Mon" or "you will only drink two Martinis" until that became 2 pints..
Now I look back and think "the beast is crazy" and the demon that lives inside my head is powerless without my will. It is a near lifeless little pest, a tick or leech that solely survives off of me for it's very life. You can call it whatever you want, I prefer "It" or "the Beast" but I don't let it call the shots anymore.
I AM NOT POWERLESS OVER ALCOHOL, sorry 12 steppers. That's what they want you to believe so you'll Need Them, kinda sounds like a Beast tactic hmmmm??? I have all of the control it's just that I gave it away for far too long and while I may have been out of control, I'm calling the shots now and it's not a shot of vodka or 20.
So I went off a little bit 😁 but my God it feels great! So keep up the good work and those pink clouds will come and go just like those black ones, best to keep you're head out of the clouds if you can and reclaim you're place among the Living. Welcome back!