View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

But over the last few months that has changed. As things do in a progressive disease I guess. Last night, watching him slam down 3 bottles of wine in the space of an hour between 6-7pm in front of his son, watching my 5 yo get antsy and uncomfortable, watching AH roar at him "BEDTIME" (an hour before he usually goes), yelling out random words, saying meaningless stuff, or just plain mean stuff, telling him "Mummy hates Daddy" etc I realised enough is enough.

It hurts me to read this, but I'm so glad you shared. I am ashamed that I let it go past this point in my life. Believe me, it will get so much worse if you stay. My children saw and experienced so much horrendous, unacceptable, abusive behavior because I CHOSE to stay in a relationship living with an active alcoholic. My children were in harm's way because I put them there. I let the alcoholic dictate what our lives would be, rather than being the mother I should have been and protecting them.
I am sending prayers and strength your way. I know how hard it is to take that first step, but I'm here to tell you that if you take it, you and your children will blossom in the peace that you find. Take care.