View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Mikie9

Originally Posted by malcolmsloan View Post
The practice of trying new things is not so much designed to find thrill and elation in each new thing itself (however, sometimes we get lucky and stumble on somthing awesome), but it is more of a mental adjustment, a consciousness shift, that, over time, can help wake up the mind, get us seeing differently, which can contribute to relearning how to enjoy life once again. Of course, buying a new kind of toothpaste will not make us happy and thrilled, but each time we "try something new" we build patterns of thought more aligned with interest, and curiosity, important emotions when we are looking to rebulid our mental outlook on life after years of abuse.

"The mind is everything"
-Bruce Lee
yeah, this. I might of added a few more line breaks but I work in printing so ya know :p

When we don't drink, we have a world open up to us. Full of options and reliability. If nothing else, consistency. Bored or not, sad or not, confused... we have options now that we have never had before... For me, I always daydreamed about having these options and what I would do with them.

Well it is here now and will stay as long as I don't drink, or hide away, or "feeling good", with what ever my addict voice tells me makes that sort of thinking is ok.

I have seen the results of the addict minds plans for me, as have most of us.

I will suffer through, before I hide away from reality any longer.