View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Hello ripple! Welcome to SR! I'm sorry that I have no advise for you as far as detoxing goes. We are not even allowed to give medical advice on this forum. I just wanted to ask you if you could find another doctor who could prescribe it to you? One who charges cash for office visits? My sub doctor does not accept insurance. He charges $100 each month for my appointment. Then I use the coupon to fill my script. Without insurance plus the coupon I believe it's around $50 to fill a monthly script. That's just a ruff estimate....could be more. Do you think you can come up with that per month? You probably already know this, but there is a doctor search engine on suboxone.com. Maybe you could find a few near you and make some calls.

I really feel for you if your are forced to taper off sub that quickly. I'm no expert but your dose is a fairly high one. It seems to me it would be pretty rough and might be dangerous to detox off the amount you're on. Please try to get some medical support. Perhaps you can get into a detox facility if you absolutely must get off your sub.

Then you need to think about your recovery. What will happen when you begin craving again? You don't want to go back to dope again, right? Three months isn't very long to work on your recovery and build tools to combat urges if that is why you were on sub in the first place. If you were on it to detox off your DOC you wouldn't have been on sub for three months. I figure you were on it for maintenence.

Sorry I don't have anything else to offer. I hope it all works out for you!