Old 12-28-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Suekie
Sober from 11/19/13-1/18/14

Day 40 - Still very LOW ENERGY. Am I just lazy by nature?

I'm on day 40. Mentally, I'm feeling pretty good. My anxiety has gone down (thank God) and I deal with life better. But I just can't seem to DO anything. I work 40 hours or more a week and have a family. After I get home from work I am so drained all I want to do is change into sweats and veg out. Conversation with my family is even hard sometimes, I just need silence. Christmas chaos nearly drove me to wine, but I didn't go there.

Now I have 5 glorious days off in a row and this is day 1. I woke up and actually showered, only to put sweats back on and jump on the computer to come to SR, check email and just surf around. Now it's almost 3 PM and I feel like I've wasted the day but I just have NO ENERGY. I've had 4 cups of coffee and my house is a disaster but I just don't want to do anything. I will get the occasional rush of energy every few days and do something productive for a couple hours but then I get exhausted again.

I'm sick of it. I want to get out and enjoy life. .. go on a hike.. go rollerskating or bike riding with the kids, etc. But I just am too tired.

I'm starting to wonder if this is just ME with or without alcohol. Maybe laziness is just in my genes. Everything feels like a chore. Even talking to my family.