View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
involved

I dont know if a seperate forum would be better, but it would sure cut down the weeding thru of posts to find support for someone who is supporting recovery efforts of their A. I have read here that as folks lives calm down, they post less!
I read a lot here about the one year rule...from what I have heard from long recovered A' in open AA meetings is that every recovery is different. For some it takes years of being a dry drunk to realize thats not enough and they need to work the steps...not just be part of the fellowship, to achieve what I have heard in those rooms to be called "a life second to none"... And As a person who didnt go to college, get a job with great bennies and a retirement plan and who over eats and doesnt exercise and tries to clean the other side of the when mine is a mess...I know its about my choices and hind site is 20/20! So patience and tolerance for my loved one who although I see how hard he struggles with fear and ego and the vicious circle, he still just doesn' seem to get it..."yet" and he may never. But for now, I do see small changes and thats is progress. I know that I would like a place where it is easier to find help and someone elses es & h for those days that are less than perfect. I have read many many many threads that are very helpful on this board and will continue to read daily.