View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CourtJester

THANK YOU, EVERYONE ... and gaslighting

I want to thank everyone here who replied to my "Confused and Broken-hearted" post of last night. I am so so saddened by the sheer numbers of people who are going through EXACTLY what I am going through, but you know what? There are folks here who have ALREADY gone THROUGH it and come out the other side.

THIS GIVES ME HOPE! Hope that I had given up on ever having. Hope that I am going to need to get through this.

I am so grateful that there is this kind of support available for those of us struggling with just staying alive through the emotional quagmire that we allow ourselves to be dragged through, and sometimes left in.

A friend sent me this link. While it doesn't address gaslighting with regard to an addict, it still is spot-on.

Since I'm so new here, the board won't let me post the link. Google "10 signs your man is gaslighting you" and read the article. When I first read it, I sat at my computer, crying and shaking my head. My teenage daughter came through the room and sat next to me on the couch. She read the piece and hugged me. "Oh, my God, mom...this is exactly what Dad does to you!"

Again, thanks to all of you who struggle as I am. You're giving us HOPE!